Australia is rapidly becoming a popular study destination among students from around the world. Most students go to Australia to study in a vocational education and training system at university level.
The most popular fields are:
- Nursing, Early Child & Aged Care Education
- Accounting & Business Management
- Information Technology
- Tourism, Hospitality & Culinary Arts
Students these days are increasingly studying a wide range of disciplines at Australian institutions.
Australia is a safe, multicultural and internationally recognized environment for further education, innovative research and intensive culture. International recognition has positioned Australia as a leading provider of top quality education to international students from all over the world.
- Internationally recognized, world class education
- Thousands of stimulating study programs
- Well qualified staff
- Excellent international student support services
- Safe, friendly and politically stable country that welcomes international students
- Part time work permitted for international students
- Very high standard of living at an affordable cost
- Lower fees than most western countries
- Multicultural society
- Quality libraries
- Technologically advanced computer laboratories
Australia’s education system is of the highest standard and enjoys international renown
- Schools develop students’ skills and confidence
- Australian university graduates excel at the cutting edge of research and innovation
- Vocational and technical education drives a thriving industrial sector.
- Australia is widely recognized as a world leader in the field of international education and English language training
After completing final year (Year 12) of secondary school, students head for their higher (Tertiary) education that awards degree for Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral studies. Mostly students from overseas come for education at this level. Tertiary education in Australia is administered by the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF), which aspires to integrate both vocational and higher education into a solitary classification of tertiary education.
For undergraduate degree, you can either enroll for a two-year Associate degree like Associate of Science (A.S.) or a four-year degree like Bachelor of Science (B.S.).
Achieving a Bachelor’s degree usually takes 3 to 4 years. To complete a Masters Degree takes 1 to 2 years. The Master’s Degree follows after the Bachelor’s degree. It deals with more advanced subjects than a Bachelor’s degree and either includes research, coursework, or a mixture of the two. After having completed a Master’s Degree, you are then qualified to take on a PhD program.
Not only universities form the major part of the higher tertiary education, but also the “Technical and Further Education colleges in Australia” (TAFES) are accredited as higher education institutions. They provide a wide range of courses includes subjects such as hospitality, tourism, construction etc. TAFEs accredited Certificate, Diploma and Associated Degrees are awarded after having completed 1 to 2 years of study. Afterwards, the students are eligible to obtain further qualifications at the level of university.