The following are some of the important questions that the visa officer may ask during the time of telephonic interview.
1. What is your passport no.?
2. What is your date of birth?
3. What is your educational level?
4. When did you complete your +2 or bachelor's degree?
5. What courses did you study in your 10+2?
6. What is the definition Accounting/Computer Science/Biology?
7. Why do you wish you study in Australia?
6. Why do you wish to study in …college or university?
7. Why do you wish to continue your further study in Sydney/Melbourne etc.?
8. What is your future career plan?
9. Who do you support financially during your study period? Or who is your sponsors?
10. Why did you select this course? Is it relevant studies?
11. What is source of income of your sponsor?
12. What is the per annum tuition fees of your course?
13. What is the annual living cost for Australia?
14. Why did you choose this institute and how did you find about it?
15. Why did you select this course? Is it relevant to your previous studies?
16. Can you tell me the location of the university/college?
17. Why did you select Australia for higher studies? Isn't this course offered by any university or college in Nepal?
18. What course are you going for?
19. What is the scope of your course?
20. What are the benefits of your course?
21. Why are you taking this course?
22. What is the course structure or Contents?
23. Do you intend to work in AUSTRALIA after completion of your studies?
24. What do you intend to you after completion of your studies?
25. How much money can you earn after your completion of studies?
26. Where will you stay in AUSTRALIA?
27. Who is your sponsor?
28. What proof do you have that your sponsor can support your studies?
29. What are the sources of income of your sponsor?
30. How are you related to him?
31. How many people are his/her dependents?
32. Do you have any relative or friend in AUSTRALIA?
33. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
34. What is the course commencement date?
35. What will be the per year living costs in Australia?
36. What will you do during the off period/semester?
37. How much money is available for your stay in AUSTRALIA?
38. Have you researched your career prospects?
39. Why should I (case officer) grant you VISA what should I answer?
40. What will you do if your Visa is rejected?
41. Have you applied your visa through yourself or any consultant or agent?
42. If yes then what is the name of your consultant or agent?
43. How many hours can you work in a week or fortnightly?
NB: The above said questions are sample questions only. Students who are seeking to study in Australia must have depth knowledge about language, culture, education system, future career prospectus and way of life of chosen country.