The following are some of the important questions that the consulate officer may ask during the interview for the U.S. student visa.
1. Why do you select USA for higher education and not your home country?
2. Why do you choose ANU/respective university?
3. Why do you want to study BBA/other relevant program?
4. How can you justify the investment in both time and money required to complete this program?
5. What research have you done about US education system and US universities and colleges?
6. Why do you prefer to study Virginia/respective State?
7. If you get a U.S. degree here would you like to go to U.S. again for further studies?
8. What is the purpose of your trip?
9. Have you ever been to USA?
10. Which U.S. College/University are you planning to go to?
11. Can you give me some details about your college/university?
12. Why have you chosen this specific college/university?
13. Can you tell me the location of the college/university?
14. How many U.S. colleges/ Universities did you apply to?
15. Can you tell me the name of some professors of this college?
16. Did you receive any scholarships?
17. What program of study are you going for?
18. Why did you select this program? Is this relevant to your previous studies?
19. What is the program structure and contents?
20. Why don’t you this program in your country?
21. How long will your studies last?
22. What is the scope of your program?
23. What benefit will this bring this to you?
24. What is the program commencement date?
25. What is your arrival date in USA? Arrival city?
26. Date of departure date from USA? Departure city?
27. What will be the total cost per year?
28. Where will you stay in USA?
29. Where did you do your last course of study?
30. What is your specialization?
31. What is your school?
32. What is your high school?
33. What does your father do?
34. How many brother and sister do you have?
35. Where did your brother and sister complete their studies?
36. Who is sponsoring you? Why is he/ she sponsoring you?
37. What are the income sources of your sponsors?
38. What proof do you have that your sponsor can support your studies?
39. Could you please show me the bank statements?
40. How many people are dependents on your sponsor?
41. Do you have any loans?
42. How much money is available for your stay in the USA?
43. How will you finance your education funds for three years?
44. What do you plan to do after completing your studies?
45. Have you researched your career prospects?
46. Approximately how much money can you earn after your completion of your studies?
47. Do you intend to work in U.S. during or after completion of your studies?
48. How can you prove that you will come back after finishing your studies?
49. Do you have any relatives in the U.S.?
50. Why should I grant you the U.S. visa?
51. What will you do if your visa is rejected?
Top Seven Interview Questions
1. Why did you choose …….University for your further studies?
2. Why do you want to go to US?
3. How long will you be staying?
4. Where will you be staying?
5. What do you intend to do after your studies?
6. Do you have any relatives in the USA?
7. Do you have any family members in the USA?
NB: The above said questions are sample questions only. Students who are seeking to study in the USA must have depth knowledge about language, culture, education